- A cowboy always helps someone in need, even a stranger or an enemy
- A cowboy is loyal to his "brand," to his friends, and those he rides with.
- Never shoot a woman no matter what.
- Respect the land and the environment by not smoking in hazardous fire areas, disfiguring rocks, trees, or other natural areas.
- Honesty is absolute - your word is your bond, a handshake is more binding than a contract.
- Live by the Golden Rule.
- Look out for your own.
- Defend yourself whenever necessary.
- Never steal another man's horse. A horse thief pays with his life.
- Don't inquire into a person's past. Take the measure of a man for what he is today
Quotes by Deadwood Dick:
- "Mounted on my horse my... lariat near my hand, and my trusty guns in my belt... I felt like I could defy the world."
- "Every time you shoot at someone, plan on dying."
- "If a man can't go out in the blaze of glory, he can at least go with dignity.`
Quotes by George Armstrong Custer:
- "I appeal to you as a soldier to spare me the humiliation of seeing my regiment march to meet the enemy and I not share its dangers."
- "I would be willing, yes glad, to see a battle every day during my life."
- "My purpose is to make my narrative as truthful as possible."
- "There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."